|GATE exam or the Graduate Aptitude Test in Engineering is a national level test conducted for the selection of the best engineering aspirants who are waiting for opportunities to enroll themselves into the best engineering institutes in the country. The GATE exams are managed by the GATE committee who is responsible for organizing these exams in the country. The GATE exams scores are crucial for the students to get admission to some of the most reputed engineering institutes of the country.
Some of the salient features of this engineering entrance exam have been mentioned below for your perusal:
- Selecting individuals who have the potential to make a brilliant career in the field of engineering
- Clearing GATE exams not only enables you to pursue engineering studies in some of the best institutes of the country, it also opens doors to numerous government scholarships and other financial aids as well.
- Students from non- engineering background could also apply for this exam to
- This engineering entrance exam also unfolds several opportunities of pursuing courses in M.Tech and even Ph. D.
Institutes that conduct GATE exams
- Preparation for the GATE exams in terms of coaching classes are also made available to the students. There are a number of coaching classes and private academies that are equipped with experienced faculty members and appropriate teaching aids that assist students, preparing for the test.
- Graduates as well as students awaiting their final year results can apply for the GATE exam
- The scores remain valid for 2 years and one may re-appear incase not satisfied with the scores.
- The written test is of about 3 hours duration and is of 150 marks in total.
- GATE exams are held around mid February and the results are out by March end.
The institutes that conduct GATE exams are:
IIT Kharagpur as well as
Individual interviews or written tests may be held after the GATE exams for admission into the various engineering institutes.