This textbook has been written to meet the needs of AS students following the Edexcel specification. It provides comprehensive coverage of both units, including all options, matching the structure of the course precisely. All the compulsory case studies in Unit 1 are covered and guidance is offered on fieldwork and research for Unit 2
Guidance on exam technique and sample exam-style questions, together with mark schemes and detailed commentaries, are available online. Go to www.hodderplus.co.uk/philipallan.Edexcel AS Geography includes the following special features:
Stretch your students to achieve their best grade with these year round course companions; provides comprehensive content on all topics, and practice questions to support and strengthen learning.
– Develop understanding and knowledge with clear and concise coverage of the syllabus
– Target learning with individual books for Standard and Higher level
– Consolidate revision and check understanding with a range of exam practice questions
– Practise exam technique with tips from examiners throughout on how to tackle questions
– Focus revision with key terms and definitions listed for each topic/sub topic.
Develop your skills to become an inquiring learner; ensure you navigate the MYP framework with confidence using a concept-driven and assessment-focused approach to Geography, presented in global contexts.– Develop conceptual understanding with key MYP concepts and related concepts at the heart of each chapter.
– Learn by asking questions for a statement of inquiry in each chapter.
– Prepare for every aspect of assessment using support and tasks designed by experienced educators.
– Understand how to extend your learning through research projects and interdisciplinary opportunities.
– Think internationally with chapters and concepts set in global contexts.