Provide clear guidance to the 2014 changes and ensure in-depth study with accessible content, directly mapped to the new syllabus and approach to learning.
This second edition of the highly regarded textbook contains all SL and HL content, which is clearly identified throughout. Options are available free online, along with appendices and data and statistics.
– Improve exam performance, with exam-style questions, including from past papers
– Integrate Theory of Knowledge into your lessons and provide opportunities for cross-curriculum study
– Stretch more able students with extension activities
– The shift to concept-based approach to learning , Nature of Science, is covered by providing a framework for the course with points for discussion
– Key skills and experiments included.
Stretch your students to achieve their best grade with these year round course companions; providing clear and concise explanations of all syllabus requirements and topics, and practice questions to support and strengthen learning.
– Consolidate revision and support learning with a range of exam practice questions and concise and accessible revision notes
– Practise exam technique with tips and trusted guidance from examiners on how to tackle questions
– Focus revision with key terms and definitions listed for each topic/sub topic
The only series for MYP 4 and 5 developed in cooperation with the International Baccalaureate (IB)
Develop your skills to become an inquiring learner; ensure you navigate the MYP framework with confidence using a concept-driven and assessment-focused approach presented in global contexts.
– Develop conceptual understanding with key MYP concepts and related concepts at the heart of each chapter.
– Learn by asking questions with a statement of inquiry in each chapter.
– Prepare for every aspect of assessment using support and tasks designed by experienced educators.
– Understand how to extend your learning through research projects and interdisciplinary opportunities.
This title is also available in two digital formats via Dynamic Learning. Find out more by clicking on the links at the top of the page.
Structure and focus your exam preparation with practical advice and guidance from ESS subject experts, giving you the confidence to aim for the best grades.
This comprehensive 2nd Edition textbook covers all eight topics from the 2015 ESS course, along with advice on Internal Assessment, the Extended Essay, and links to Theory of Knowledge. It will help students to prepare thoroughly and methodically for their examinations.
Aim for the best Internal Assessment grade with this year-round companion, full of advice and guidance from an experienced IB Diploma Biology teacher.
– Build your skills for the Individual Investigation with prescribed practicals supported by detailed examiner advice, expert tips and common mistakes to avoid.
– Improve your confidence by analysing and practicing the practical skills required, with comprehension checks throughout.
– Prepare for the Internal Assessment report through exemplars, worked answers and commentary.
– Navigate the IB requirements with clear, concise explanations including advice on assessment objectives and rules on academic honesty.
– Develop fully rounded and responsible learning with explicit reference to the IB learner profile and ATLs.
Support students through the Internal Assessment with advice and guidance including how to choose a topic, approach the investigation and analyse and evaluate results.
– Build investigative and analytical skills through a range of strategies and detailed examiner advice and expert tips
– Ensure understanding of all IB requirements with clear, concise explanations on the assessment objectives and rules on academic honesty, as well as explicit reference to the IB Learner Profile and ATLS throughout
– Encourage students to achieve the best grade with advice and tips, including common mistakes to avoid, exemplars, worked answers and commentary, helping students to see the application of facts, principles and concepts
– Reinforce comprehension of the skills with activity questions
– Support visual learners with infographics at the start of every chapter