Check, reinforce and improve critical skills and textual understanding to give students the best chance of success in their AS/A-level English Literature exams.
Containing over 150 ready-made activities for Skirrid Hill – with comprehensive answers provided online – this write-in Workbook:
– Actively develops knowledge and skills as students practise questions that cover plot and structure, themes, characterisation, form and language, contexts and critical approaches
– Ensures that every student achieves real progress with activities that gradually build in difficulty, plus additional ‘Challenge yourself’ tasks to target the top grades
– Helps students make the transition from GCSE to AS/A-level, with guidance from experienced examiners and teachers on higher-level skills, such as analysing structure and using literary terminology
– Focuses on exam skills with a separate section that includes practice essay questions and advice on: question types; essay planning; writing about extracts and whole texts; using evidence and context
– Encourages independent learning as students use their Workbook at home or in class, throughout the course or for revision and exam preparation
– Supports the AQA A, WJEC Eduqas and WJEC AS/A-level English Literature specifications through a wide range of activities suitable for every exam board
Provide clear guidance to the 2014 changes and ensure in-depth study with accessible content, directly mapped to the new syllabus and approach to learning.
This second edition of the highly regarded textbook contains all SL and HL content, which is clearly identified throughout. Options are available free online, along with appendices and data and statistics.
– Improve exam performance, with exam-style questions, including from past papers
– Integrate Theory of Knowledge into your lessons and provide opportunities for cross-curriculum study
– Stretch more able students with extension activities
– The shift to concept-based approach to learning , Nature of Science, is covered by providing a framework for the course with points for discussion
– Key skills and experiments included.
Strengthen students’ vocabulary skills with hours of ready-made activities which sit alongside the Student Book and Grammar Workbook.
– Ensure students have a thorough understanding of the vocabulary for each topic before moving on
– Target students’ vocabulary learning according to their needs with activities for each level of difficulty in the Student’s Book
– Engage students using language creatively with varied and fun exercises such as crosswords, code words, anagrams and many more
– Save valuable preparation time and expenses with self-contained exercises which don’t need photocopying and have full answers provided online
Develop your skills to become an inquiring learner; ensure you navigate the MYP framework with confidence using a concept-driven and assessment-focused approach to English presented in global contexts.
– Develop conceptual understanding with key MYP concepts and related concepts at the heart of each chapter.
– Learn by asking questions with a statement of inquiry in each chapter.
– Prepare for every aspect of assessment using support and tasks designed by experienced educators.
– Understand how to extend your learning through research projects and interdisciplinary opportunities.
Growth Mindset Teach for success with this ‘must-have’ handbook for anyone looking to embed a growth
mindset culture essential for supporting agency, physical and emotional well-being, and
Take the concept of growth mindset and turn it into a powerful reality with practical
strategies, lesson plans and extensive examples developed by practising teacher and
mindset expert Katherine Muncaster and Co-authored by leading professional
development expert Shirley Clarke.
Create a powerful and inviting learning environment throughout your school with
detailed and practical advice to support the physical and emotional development of
Easy-to-access classroom video clips provide demonstrations of the impact of this
approach in lessons.
Enable students to construct mathematical models by exploring challenging problems and the use of technology.
– Engage and excite students with examples and photos of maths in the real world, plus inquisitive starter activities to encourage their problem-solving skills.
– Build mathematical thinking with our ‘Toolkit’ and mathematical exploration chapter, along with our new toolkit feature of questions, investigations and activities.
– Develop understanding with key concepts and applications integrated throughout, along with TOK links for every topic.
– Prepare your students for assessment with worked examples, extended essay support and colour-coded questions to highlight the level of difficulty and the different types of questions.
– Check understanding with review exercise at the end of the textbook.
Confidently navigate the new syllabus with a variety of teaching resources to help you plan engaging lessons that are directly aligned with the Student Book.
– Confidently teach the new course with a clear overview of the TOK course and your responsibilities as a TOK teacher.
– Ensure full coverage of the syllabus with specific guidance relating to the core theme, the optional themes and the areas of knowledge.
– Easily navigate the new course with lesson plans, activities and extension material.
– Help guide students through the assessment process with advice relating to the exhibition and essay.