Develop competent communicators who can demonstrate a sound conceptual understanding of the language with a flexible course that ensures thorough coverage of the updated English B Guide and is designed to meet the needs of all IB students at Standard and Higher Level.
– Empower students to communicate confidently by exploring the five prescribed themes through authentic texts and skills practice at the right level, delivered in clear learning pathways.
– Ensure students are able to produce coherent written texts and deliver proficient presentations with grammar and vocabulary introduced in context and in relation to appropriate spoken and written registers.
– Improve receptive skills with authentic written texts, audio recordings spoken at a natural pace, and carefully crafted reading and listening tasks.
– Promote global citizenship, intercultural understanding and an appreciation of English cultures through a wide range of text types and cultural material from around the world.
– Deliver effective practice with a range of structured tasks within each unit that build reading, listening, speaking and writing skills.
– Establish meaningful links to TOK and CAS, and identify learner profile attributes in action.
Build confidence for the written and oral assessments with hours of essential grammar practice activities and opportunities to develop writing skills.
– Ensure structured language practice through comprehensive coverage of all IB grammar points and in-depth practice of core reading and writing skills based around the main text types.
– Provide revision opportunities alongside material for ab initio students in the Transition section.
– Effectively teach students at two levels with differentiated activities at Standard and Higher level.
– Challenge Higher Level students with extension activities and specific advice.