Developed in cooperation with the International Baccalaureate (IB)
Build knowledge with this thought-provoking guide through the core theme, the five optional themes and the five areas of knowledge.
– Guide students by helping them examine the nature of knowledge and their own status as a knower.
– Develop diverse and balanced arguments with a variety of activities, case studies and Deeper Thinking features.
– Aid understanding with in-depth discussions of the twelve course concepts and detailed definitions of all key terms.
– Provide assessment support with guidance relating to the TOK Exhibition and Essay.
Build confidence in a range of key Theory of Knowledge skills with this practical companion, full of advice and guidance from an experienced TOK expert.
· Build confidence in applying analytical skills with Deeper Analysis, showing you how to go beyond simply identifying and explaining
· Develop awareness of the practical application of knowledge with In Practice pointers, offering guidance on how topics can be used in TOK activities
· Improve skills for formulating genuine knowledge questions for use in activities, a crucial part of assessment success
· Avoid making the mistakes that others make in the assessment with TOK Traps that highlight common errors and misconceptions.
Confidently navigate the new syllabus with a variety of teaching resources to help you plan engaging lessons that are directly aligned with the Student Book.
– Confidently teach the new course with a clear overview of the TOK course and your responsibilities as a TOK teacher.
– Ensure full coverage of the syllabus with specific guidance relating to the core theme, the optional themes and the areas of knowledge.
– Easily navigate the new course with lesson plans, activities and extension material.
– Help guide students through the assessment process with advice relating to the exhibition and essay.
Develop knowledge with this thought-provoking guide through the 5 Areas of Knowledge and the 5 Optional Themes covered in the IB Diploma programme.
– Guides students by helping them examine the nature of knowledge and ways of knowing
– Develops diverse and balanced arguments with a variety of activities, exploration of knowledge questions and Deeper Thinking features
– Aids understanding with detailed definitions of all key terms
– Provides assessment support with areas of relevance highlighted for the TOK exhibition or Essay