This title is endorsed by Cambridge Assessment International Education to support the full syllabus for examination from 2022.
Provide guidance, exercises and examples in all four key skills, with speaking, listening, reading and writing integrated into every chapter; updated to support the revised Cambridge IGCSETM Mandarin Chinese (0547) syllabus.
– Improve comprehension and delivery of language with all four key skills comprehensively covered throughout with icons to identify when each skill should be used and practised.
– Enhance speaking skills with Pinyin (phonetics) that aid correct pronunciation.
– Aid understanding with vocabulary and grammar boxes that offer clear explanations and example
– Build skills with exercises arranged progressively from simple, to complex and comprehensive.
– Provide additional practice with the accompanying Workbook, perfect as a course companion or homework book for use throughout the course.
– Engage, challenge and motivate you student with interactive resources from our partner Languagenut*, for more information visit www.hoddereducation.co.uk/languagenut
*The Languagenut resources are not part of the Cambridge International endorsement process
Clear coverage of the latest syllabus including insight into Chinese as an evolving language and its grammatical and linguistic differences.
– Introduces language rules on Chinese grammar and vocabulary
– Offers insight into Chinese culture with authentic materials and text types
– Covers all four language skills in each chapter
– Integrates TOK with support throughout
This textbook is suitable for both SL and HL students and includes all the Core and Options topics.
Please note this book uses simplified characters.
Build confidence for the written and oral assessments with hours of essential grammar practice activities and opportunities to develop writing skills.
-Ensure structured language practice through comprehensive coverage of all IB grammar points and in-depth practice of core reading and writing skills based around the main text types.
-Provide revision opportunities alongside material for ab initio students in the Transition section.
-Effectively teach students at two levels with differentiated activities at Standard and Higher level.
-Challenge Higher Level students with extension activities and specific advice.
Develop competent communicators who can demonstrate a sound conceptual understanding of the language with a flexible course that ensures thorough coverage of the updated Mandarin B Guide and is designed to meet the needs of all IB students at Standard and Higher Level.
– Empower students to communicate confidently by exploring the five prescribed themes through authentic texts and skills practice at the right level, delivered in clear learning pathways.
– Ensure students are able to produce coherent written texts and deliver proficient presentations with grammar and vocabulary introduced in context and in relation to appropriate spoken and written registers.
– Improve receptive skills with authentic written texts, audio recordings spoken at a natural pace, and carefully crafted reading and listening tasks.
– Promote global citizenship, intercultural understanding and an appreciation of Chinese cultures through a wide range of text types and cultural material from around the world.
– Deliver effective practice with a range of structured tasks within each unit that build reading, listening, speaking and writing skills.
– Establish meaningful links to TOK and CAS, and identify learner profile attributes in action.