Business Management for the IB Diploma Study and Revision Guideby: Paul Hoang
This Study and Revision Guide will ensure you approach your exams feeling confident and prepared through the help of accurate and accessible notes, examiner advice, and exam-style questions on each key topic. – Practise and check your understanding on a range of Exam Practice questions – Be aware of the essential points with key terms […]
1 in stock (can be backordered)
This Study and Revision Guide will ensure you approach your exams feeling confident and prepared through the help of accurate and accessible notes, examiner advice, and exam-style questions on each key topic.
– Practise and check your understanding on a range of Exam Practice questions
– Be aware of the essential points with key terms and facts for each topic
– Discover what you need to achieve certain grades with advice and tips, including common mistakes to avoid.
Publisher: HODDER EDUCATION
Publish Date: 2016
Page Count: 192
Sale!Core Computer Science: For the IB Diploma Program(International Baccalaureate) by: Kostas Dimitriou, Markos Hatzitaskos,
Core Computer Science: For the IB Diploma Program By Kostas Dimitriou Phd, Markos Hatzitaskos MSc
Core Computer Science: For the IB Diploma Program is a new educational resource for all students who need to understand the core themes of Computer Science.
The book references the assessment statements in the 2014 IB Computer Science subject guide, while remaining flexible enough to be used in any educational setting, including programming courses. The book comprehensively presents all core Computer Science aspects in plain English, allowing native and non-native English language users to gain the maximum benefit.
- Plain English language Diagrams and illustrations for key concepts
- More than 200 examination-style questions with answers
- Use of flowcharts, pseudo-code, as well as the creation of actual working code in the Java Programming Language
- References to the assessment statements in the IB Computer
- Science subject guide
This book allows both students and teachers to follow the wide-ranging IB Computer Science syllabus, confident that all aspects of theory and practice have been covered.
Sale!Oxford IB Diploma Programme: Biology Course Companion by: Andrew Allott, David Mindorff,
Oxford IB Diploma Programme: Biology Course Companion By Andrew Allott, David Mindorff
Supporting the latest syllabus at SL and HL, this 2014 edition was developed with the IB to most closely embody the IB way of teaching. The holistic approach to all aspects of the syllabus , including Nature of Science, encourages an inquiring, active approach to learning whilst integrated data-based questions support exceptional achievement.
Oxford course books are the only DP resources developed with the IB.
This means that they are:
- The most accurate match to IB specifications
- Written by experienced IB practitioners
- Packed with accurate assessment support, directly from the IB
- Truly aligned with the IB philosophy, challenging learners with fresh and topical TOK
Sale!Mathematical Studies SL Third Edition Haese Mathematics for the International student Third Edition by: Mal Coad, Glen Whiffen, Sandra Haese, Michael Haese,
Mathematical Studies SL Third Edition Haese Mathematics for the International student Third Edition By Mal Coad, Glen Whiffen, Sandra Haese, Michael Haese, Mark Humphries
This book is intended for use with IB ‘Mathematical Studies SL’ course at Diploma level. The third edition reflects the new mathematical Studies SL syllabus, with syllabus references given at the beginning of each chapter. Explanations have been revised, making them easier for students who have English as a second language. Discussion topics for Theory of Knowledge have been included throughout the book, while the final chapter contains 200 exam-style questions. Comprehensive graphics calculator instructions are accessible as printable pages on the interactive student CD.
About the interactive CD
- direct links to Microsoft Excel spreadsheets
- graphing and geometry software
- printable instructions for TI and Casio graphics calculators
- computer demonstrations and simulations
Sale!Chemistry for the IB Diploma Second Edition Coursebook by: STEVE OWEN, Peter Hoeben, Mark Headlee,
Chemistry for the IB Diploma Second Edition Coursebook By Steve Owen, Peter Hoeben, Mark Headlee
Chemistry for the IB Diploma, Second edition, covers in full the requirements of the IB syllabus for Chemistry for first examination in 2016. The Second edition of this well-received Coursebook is fully updated for the IB Chemistry syllabus for first examination in 2016, comprehensively covering all requirements. Get the best coverage of the syllabus with clear assessment statements, and links to Theory of Knowledge, International-mindedness and Nature of Science themes. Exam preparation is supported with plenty of sample exam questions, online test questions and exam tips. Chapters covering the Options and Nature of Science, assessment guidance and answers to questions are included in the additional online material available with the book.
The Coursebook Contains:
- Test yourself questions throughout the chapters to test knowledge, incorporating command terms as used in IB examinations to cultivate familiarity with the terms and develop skill in answering questions appropriately
- worked examples to illustrate how to tackle complex problems
- exam-style questions at the of each chapter, offering thorough practice for the examination
- definitions of key terms displayed alongside the text for easy reference
- links to theory of Knowledge concepts alongside appropriate topics, to stimulate thought and discussion
- a chapter on the Nature of Science
- clear, well – labelled illustration and photos to help make concepts easy to understand.
Sale!Introducing the IB Diploma Programme by: Marc Abrioux, Jill Rutherford,
The International Baccalaureate (IB) diploma programme (DP) is a two-year pre-university high schools programme. Schools wishing to introduce the DP are faced with major investment in terms of time, effort and money in order to become authorized. They also need to articulate why that programme is the most suitable one for their students.
This manual is an invaluable resource for schools already offering the DP as well as for prospective DP Schools.
It is divided into five parts covering the following topics:
- an introduction to the IB and the DP
- how to become an IB World School
- what, why and how of the DP
- recognition of the DP by universities, employers, teachers and students
- how the DP can develop in a school.
It offers education professionals and parents:
- an overview of the IB philosophy and practice
- a guide to IB authorization, from administration to department level, and to subsequent programme evaluation
- a reliable and realistic assessment of the benefits and the costs associated with introducing the IB diploma programme
- diverse case studies and suggestions from creative teacher professionals from around the IB world
- advice on teaching and assessment of every subject of the diploma programme, including the core.