MARY JONES, Matthew Parkin,
Cambridge International AS & A Level Biology Practical Workbookby: MARY JONES, Matthew Parkin,
- Guided investigations provide opportunities for students to practise their practical skills.
- Contains help for teachers setting up practical investigations in the classroom.
- For more detailed support with planning and troubleshooting issues, see the teacher’s resource.
- Practice questions give students the chance to test their knowledge and help build confidence in preparation for assessment
- Includes a skills chapter that focuses on essential science skills.
- Written in accessible language for the ESL learner with key word boxes to improve understanding
- other books from this series
Available on backorder
Cambridge International AS & A Level Biology Practical Workbook By Mary Jones, Matthew Parkin
Extensive research through lesson observations, teacher interviews and work with our online teacher community (the Cambridge Panel) means that this flexible range of resources meets the real teaching needs of the science classroom. This write-in workbook contains step-by-step guided investigations and practice questions for Cambridge International AS & A Level Biology teachers and students. Through practical investigation, it provides opportunities to develop skills– planning, identifying equipment, creating hypotheses, recording results, analysing data, and evaluating. The workbook is ideal for teachers who find running practical experiments difficult due to lack of time, resources or support. Sample data – if students can’t do the experiments themselves – and answers to the questions are in the teacher’s guide.
- Skills chapter
- 1. Microscopy
- 2. Biological molecules
- 3. Enzymes
- 4. Cell membranes and transport
- 5. Cell division and nucleic acids
- 6. Plant transport
- 7. Mammalian transport and gas exchange
- 8. Energy and respiration
- 9. Photosynthesis
- 10. Homeostasis and coordination
- 11. Inheritance, selection and evolution
- 12. Ecology.
Publisher: CAMBRIDGE UNIVERSITY PRESS
Publish Date: 2020
Page Count: 280