PAUL FANNON, Vesna Kadelburg, Ben Woolley, Stephen Ward,
Mathematics for the IB Diploma: Applications and interpretation SLby: PAUL FANNON, Vesna Kadelburg, Ben Woolley, Stephen Ward,
Enable students to construct mathematical models by exploring challenging problems and the use of technology. – Engage and excite students with examples and photos of maths in the real world, plus inquisitive starter activities to encourage their problem-solving skills. – Build mathematical thinking with our ‘Toolkit’ and mathematical exploration chapter, along with our new toolkit […]
1 in stock (can be backordered)
Enable students to construct mathematical models by exploring challenging problems and the use of technology.
– Engage and excite students with examples and photos of maths in the real world, plus inquisitive starter activities to encourage their problem-solving skills.
– Build mathematical thinking with our ‘Toolkit’ and mathematical exploration chapter, along with our new toolkit feature of questions, investigations and activities.
– Develop understanding with key concepts and applications integrated throughout, along with TOK links for every topic.
– Prepare your students for assessment with worked examples, extended essay support and colour-coded questions to highlight the level of difficulty and the different types of questions.
Publisher: HODDER EDUCATION
Publish Date: 2019
Page Count: 520
Sale!Additional Mathematics IGCSE and O Level Coursebook Second Edition for Cambridge International Examination by: Sue Pemberton
Additional Mathematics IGCSE and O Level Coursebook Second Edition for Cambridge International Examination By Sue Pemberton
These resources have been created for the Cambridge IGCSE® and O Level Additional Mathematics syllabuses (0606/4037), for first examination from 2020.
This coursebook gives clear explanations of new mathematical concepts followed by exercises. This allows students to practise the skills required and gain the confidence to apply them. Classroom discussion exercises and extra challenge questions have been designed to deepen students’ understanding and stimulate interest in Mathematics. Answers to coursebook questions are in the back of the book.
- Recap sections at the beginning of chapters remind students of what they already know and where this is applicable to learning new skills.
- Class discussion exercises help students further their understanding of new concepts with opportunities for reflection.
- Clear worked examples guide students through new mathematical skills.
Sale!Cambridge Checkpoint Mathematics Practice Book stage 7 Grade 6 by: Greg Byrd, Lynn Byrd, Chris Pearce,
Cambridge Checkpoint Mathematics Practice Book stage 7 Grade 6 By Greg Byrd, Lynn Byrd, Chris Pearce
Cambridge Checkpoint Mathematics Practice Book 7 matches the requirements of stage 7 of the revised Cambridge Secondary 1 curriculum framework. It is endorsed by Cambridge International Examinations for use with their programme. The series is written by an author team with extensive experience of both teaching and writing for secondary mathematics.
This supportive Practice Book is intended to be used alongside the Cambridge Checkpoint Mathematics Coursebook 7. It contains exercises that will help students develop the skills they need to succeed with the Secondary 1 programme.
The Practice Book:
- Contains exercises for each Coursebook topic, arranged in the same order as the topics in the Coursebook
- allows students to practise using the concepts they have learned and develop their soloving Skills.
Sale!Mathematical Studies Standard Level for the IB Diploma Coursebook by: Kwame Dwamena, Caroline Meyrick,
Mathematical Studies Standard Level for the IB Diploma Coursebook By Caroline Meyrick,Kwame Dwamena
This highly illustrated coursebook follows the structure of the new syllabus for mathematical studies standard level for the ib diploma, making it easy to ensure full coverage of all topics.
The significance of mathematics for modelling and practical applications is a prominent theme throughout, helping to emphasise the importance of mathematics to the real world.
Worked examples provide stage by stage written solution with associated thought processes, encouraging good practice whilst also providing learning support. They also include GDC screenshots, where appropriate, to confirm what the student should expect to see on their calculator. Detailed methods for the CASIO and TEXAS GSCs are provided within a self contained chapter so that they do not distract from the core content, but provide sufficient support for those students who might need it.
The coursebook finishes with a chapter on the internal assessment offering general advice on how to start, structure and finish the project.
Sale!Longman Mathematics for IGCSE Practice Book 2 by: D A Turner, I A Potts,
Longman Mathematics for IGCSE Practice Book 2 By David Turner,Ian Potts
The ideal resource to consolidate your students’ understanding of the IGCSE specification.
These Edexcel endorsed practice books:
- match the structure of the course books for ease of use alongside your main text
- correspond closely to the content of the course books ensuring your student gets the extra practice they need
- enable differentiation through the popular starred and non-starred exercises
- contain plenty of exam-style questions for practice or revision.
Sale!Essential Mathematics for Cambridge Secondary 1 Stage 8 Work Book by: Paul Winters, Patrick Kivlin, Sue Pemberton, Andrew Manning,
Essential Mathematics for Cambridge Secondary 1 Stage 8 Work Book By Andrew Manning has been created for the international student. Written by an expert author team with an experienced examiner it provides complete coverage of the syllabus.
- Essential Mathematics for Cambridge Secondary 1 directly supports the Cambridge Secondary 1 Mathematic_s curriculum framework, enabling learners to tackle the Checkpoint test and reach their full potential.
- Designed to deliver engaging support and encouragement,
- it is an ideal title for EAL learners.
- This Workbook directly supports learners in consolidating their knowledge.
- Fully prepare for exams -comprehensive coverage of the course
- Develop advanced skills -problem-solving skills extend performance •
- Progress to the next stage -clear language support eases the transition to 14-16 study